Bağlantılar

Who Else Wants to go to BlogWorld in Los Angeles?

Much as we love social media and blogging it can never replace face to face meet ups and that’s what I love about BlogWorld.

BlogWorld is to bloggers what Mecca is to Muslims: it’s the biggest and best social media conference in the world.

If you can imagine a place where all your favorite bloggers and hundreds more interesting bloggers from all over the world are finally brought together, BlogWorld is that place.

I was lucky enough to attend BlogWorld in Las Vegas last year (you can read about it here and here) and this is what made it a brilliant experience for me:

Meeting bloggers of all shapes and sizes in the flesh.Being part of a dynamic and global group.Hearing some of my favorite bloggers speak and being able to meet them informally in corridors or at parties too. I even got to interview Leo Babauta.Connecting properly with my blogging buddies who’ve supported, motivated and inspired me on my journey. That’s me and Jen Gresham in the photo above.Being with people who really get blogging, social media and bloggers like me for three whole days, because most of my friends aren’t into blogging. Getting inspired by all the fabulous new ideas and business know how.

So, of course, this year I want to go again, but my dream is not only to attend BlogWorld but also to be a speaker.

To that end I put in a speaking proposal to BlogWorld organisers Rick Calvert, Deb Ng and the BlogWorld team which included a short video pitch covering the three main points for a speaker pitch or any type of pitch:

Who will be interested in hearing you speak?How will your talk benefit them?Why are you the best person to speak on the topic?

The video below covers all those points but the main proposal was sent in text format so I didn’t want to bash the BlogWorld team over the head with qualifications, experience, blog statistics or testimonials in the video because those were covered in the text submission.

My aim was just to give them a feel for who I am and what excites me about blogging and BlogWorld as well as make my submission more personal.

In case you want to check it out here it is. If you’re reading by email just hop over to the blog because I can’t embed the video in an email.

Thanks for watching and reading. I’d love to see you all at BlogWorld in LA this November.

I’m not sure if my submission will be accepted and if I’ll be speaking at BlogWorld yet but if I get to speak AND we get to meet I’ll be a very happy woman. Fingers crossed.

BlogWorld 2011 Los Angeles

If you’d like to go to BlogWorld make sure you register before September 21st when early bird pricing ends.

You can find the details on BlogWorld pricing and dates here. If you’re already want to go to BlogWorld then do book before July 21st to get 50% off.

I’m an affiliate for the BlogWorld conference because it’s brilliant. I hope you can come along and see for yourself.

Would you like to go to BlogWorld? Or is there another event you’d love to attend to meet your blogging friends, peers and heroes?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Design by araba-cı | MoneyGenerator Blogger Template by GosuBlogger | Distributed by : Solid Blogger